How to fill out the DS-7002
The Training/Internship Placement Plan (Form DS-7002) is the most important part of the application and must be signed by the Supervisor, Intern/Trainee and the GACC prior to the issuance of the DS-2019.
You as the Supervisor must sign (by hand or electronically) the DS-7002 and email the document to your case manager. You must also send the editable PDF version for verification purposes.
Please retain the executed DS-7002 form for your files.
Please make sure your DS-7002 conforms to the following guidelines:
- Please make sure to enter "Name" and "Family Name" in the correct designated fields.
- If the program is up to 6 months, the DS-7002 must have at least 1 phase.
- If the program is 7-12 months, we require at least 2 distinctly different phases.
- If the traineeship is up to 6 months, the DS-7002 must have at least 1 phase.
- If the traineeship is 7-12 months, we require at least 2 distinctly different phases.
- For a traineeship of 13-18 months, please submit at least 3 phases.
- If you need additional phases of the DS-7002, please contact your case manager.
- Please make sure that the Training/Internship Placement Plan (DS-7002) contains concise information, clear details as well as correct grammar and spelling. Your intern/trainee must present this to the U.S. Consulate officer when applying for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. The DS-7002 is an official government document and the quality and clarity of the content are important criteria for J-1 visa approval. The training plan is a bridge between the academic formal education and work-based training at the host company. The training is a roadmap for the entire program; it should be authentic and tailored to the intern.